The third annual International Blog Day is coming up next week. On August 31st, bloggers worldwide will be posting and introducing their audiences to their 5 favourite blogs from other cultures, backgrounds and interests.
The worldwide event aimed at further establishing blogging and in particular spreading the word about valuable and diverse blogs has the added benefit of promoting tolerance. By linking to other great blogs from alternate perspectives to their own, bloggers spread the buzz about blogs they like so that their audiences in turn can discover them and learn.
On the blog day web site, the blog posting guidelines are as follows:
- Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
- Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007
- Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
- Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
- Add a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org
Watch this space for our own International Blog Day post next Friday.